Some procedures can injure the upper jaw sinus (above the upper molars). If you are advised to take sinus precautions, please follow these instructions:
- Do not blow your nose for 14 days. Instead use a tissue to wipe away fluids.
- Refrain from smoking as this interferes with healing.
- To reduce nasal pressure, sneeze and cough with your mouth open and do not block or pinch your nostrils.
- Avoid using a straw as this may reopen the wound.
- Please use an over the counter antihistamine such as Claritin or Allegra for two weeks. Use these products as directed.
- If you experience unexplained drainage, increased swelling or pain, air or fluids passing from the mouth to the sinus, contact the office immediately.
Looking for the Best Oral Surgeon in Salem OR?
You can count on Dr. Swiderski and his many years of experience when you're in need of oral surgery procedures such as dental implant placement and wisdom teeth removal. Contact us today!