Some procedures can injure the upper jaw sinus (above the upper molars). If you are advised to take sinus precautions, please follow these instructions:
- Do not blow your nose for two weeks. Instead use a tissue to wipe away fluids.
- Refrain from smoking as this interferes with healing.
- To reduce nasal pressure, sneeze and cough with your mouth open and do not block or pinch your nostrils.
- Avoid using a straw as this may reopen the wound.
- Depending on your needs, you may be prescribed an antibiotic medication, antihistamines, nasal sprays or decongestants. Use these products as directed.
- If you experience unexplained drainage, increased swelling or pain, air or fluids passing from the mouth to the sinus, contact us immediately at Oral Surgery Office in Salem Phone Number 503-581-0223.
Looking for the Best Oral Surgeon in Salem OR?
You can count on Dr. Swiderski and his many years of experience when you're in need of oral surgery procedures such as dental implant placement and wisdom teeth removal. Contact us today!