Before Intravenous or General Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive you home, and remain with you for several hours after anesthesia.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold or sore throat, please contact the office prior to surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Swiderski prior to your surgical date for instructions.