Before Intravenous or General Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive you home, and remain with you for several hours after anesthesia.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold or sore throat, please contact the office prior to surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Swiderski prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Looking for the Best Oral Surgeon in Salem OR?
You can count on Dr. Swiderski and his many years of experience when you're in need of oral surgery procedures such as dental implant placement and wisdom teeth removal. Contact us today!