Some procedures can injure the upper jaw sinus (above the upper molars). If you are advised to take sinus precautions, please follow these instructions:
- Do not blow your nose for two weeks. Instead use a tissue to wipe away fluids.
- Refrain from smoking as this interferes with healing.
- To reduce nasal pressure, sneeze and cough with your mouth open and do not block or pinch your nostrils.
- Avoid using a straw as this may reopen the wound.
- Depending on your needs, you may be prescribed an antibiotic medication, antihistamines, nasal sprays or decongestants. Use these products as directed.
- If you experience unexplained drainage, increased swelling or pain, air or fluids passing from the mouth to the sinus, contact us immediately at Salem Office Phone Number 503-581-0223.