Impacted Wisdom Teeth Salem OR
What Is An Impacted Tooth?
Although most people develop and grow 32 permanent adult teeth, many times their jaws are too small to accommodate the four wisdom teeth. When inadequate space prevents the teeth from erupting they are called impacted. This indicates their inability to erupt into the proper position for chewing and cleaning.
Types Of Impactions
We will need to see you for a consultation to determine if you will benefit from wisdom tooth removal. A special x-ray of your mouth and jaws (panorex) will be taken to determine if your wisdom teeth are impacted, if there is room for them to erupt, and how difficult it will be to have them removed.
- Soft Tissue Impaction: There is not enough room to allow the gum tissue to retract for adequate cleaning of the tooth.
- Partial Bony Impaction: There is enough space to allow the wisdom tooth to partially erupt. However, the tooth cannot function properly in the chewing process, and creates cleaning problems, among others.
- Complete Bony Impaction: There is NO space for the tooth to erupt. It remains embedded in the jaw bone or if even partially visible requires complex surgical techniques for removal.The impacted wisdom tooth may also be in an unusual position and difficult to remove. This situation can also arise when the shape or size of the jaw bone and other facial structures make removal of this tooth significantly more complex.
Ready to Schedule your Consultation for Wisdom Teeth Removal with Dr. Swiderski? Call Oral Surgery Office in Salem Phone Number 503-581-0223 today to make your appointment!
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- Learn What To Expect At Your First Visit
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Get Directions To Our Office
Mid-Valley Oral, Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery
Had oral cancer over 18 years ago and for past 10 years my teeth have been falling apart 1 tooth at a time. Now I am onto needing bone grafts...oh joy! Thank you for making it as painless as you could. BTW...thanks again for the 2nd water bottle.
- Gayle C
Friendly and professional
- Doyle T
Everything has been extremely easy and always running on time.
- Sean C
Dr. Swiderski is so nice and professional. His staff goes above and beyond to provide a wonderful experience.
- Alison W
Did a great job on removal of a bad tooth, plus set up bone grafting. Great, nice, newly remodeled clinic.
- Lyal S
An experience made pleasant by a truly professional doctor and staff! Would recommend highly to anyone!
- Jack J
My gums have never looked better
- Kim S
This is the only place to go for oral surgery in my opinion...highest quality work with an office that is efficiently run and friendly and caring.
- Teresa W
Very efficient, friendly, and professional.
- Kim R
All of the staff was professional and sympathetic as well as kind and helpful
- Julia S
Dr. Swiderski and his staff have assisted me through several procedures and really have set the bar professionally! How often does one have a procedure and then receive a phone call after hours to see how they are doing? Every time with Dr. Swiderski! 3 Molar removals and 2 implants later and I'm still impressed!
- Courtney H
The facility is very clean and appears to be run in an efficient manner.
- George G
phenomenal Doctor that Cares and a Staff that cares about You.
- David H
I was surprised at how easy Dr. Swiderski made the procedure feel. Bone grafts are not fun; but, I had support every step of the way to make it as easy as possible.
- Heather T
The entire dental implant experience from initial consultation to completion has been seamless and well-executed. The doctor and his entire staff have been exemplary.
- Bruce C
- William C
Great dental experience
- Mary C
- Kumi J
Dr. Swiderski and his staff are talented and professional
- Ross N
Coming from someone who has great dental anxiety I felt in professional and kind hands!
- Beverly C